1 Cor 14:1: “EAGERLY PURSUE and seek to acquire [this] love [make it your aim, your great quest” (AMP)
The greatest thing you can do in life is to master love. It should be our aim, our great quest. Love will effect and benefit every area of your life. No one has been more successful or has had a greater impact on the earth than Jesus. He lived on this earth to demonstrate Gods great love for us. He fulfilled his purpose through love.
Men, the number one thing that your wife needs is this kind of love.
I like how the People’s New Testament reads… Eph 5:25-26: “Husbands, love your wives. Even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it. Loved so well as to be willing to give all things, even life, for her welfare
We see here not only the duty, but the measure of the duty. The affectionate love on one side, and her response to that is loving respect. The love came first.
He loved by giving himself up for her, He didn’t come to be served, he came to serve.
Love is laying down your life for hers… your focus changes from how can she serve me and meet my needs to how can I become a greater servant of love to her?
Your love is the fuel that feeds a strong marriage…
- Her heart will respond to kind words spoken through love.
- She feels valuable when you go the extra mile to make her day less stressful and less busy when you help with the dishes or help give the kids a bath.
- When you turn the TV off to spend time listening to her as she shares her day. You are telling her with your actions, that she is more important to you than the game.
- Express your feelings, write here a note telling her that she still takes your breath away and that you couldn’t imagine your life without her
- Don’t wait for a special day, buy her a gift unexpectedly to let her know you have been thinking about her and want her every want and need met.
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
Ask the Holy Spirit. Say, “Holy Spirit you are my helper, help me love today. How can I be effective in my efforts? What would really touch her heart?” He will give you some of the greatest ideas and way to shower her with love.
Love is not a feeling or an emotion; it is giving of your self.